Thursday, June 16, 2011

=) =D ;D =P

i've recently realized that the people i am closest to have something in common:

they all use emoticons and exclamation points! =)

i know that this may seem like a silly commonality, but i'm realizing more and more that this is really important to me. my receiving love language is verbal affirmation; so it only makes sense that smiley faces and exclamation points are the main components of my language.

there's something about a smiley face at the end of a sentence that is so reassuring that there is a friendly person at the other end of this internet connection. and there's nothing more satisfying than to see the excited exclamation point of a friend's conversation.

i feel like these 2 things are very clear ways for anyone to know how exactly you feel. in the world of emails, gchats, tweets, and blogs, we're so hidden behind the screens of our computers. there's no way to know the inflection of your voice if you're being sarcastic or true to your word unless i see some kind of smiley face. and when i talk to people who don't use emoticons or exclamation points, i find myself constantly trying to assess and gauge how they're REALLY feeling. and it gets tiring! but when someone puts a cute little smiley face after a sentence, i know that we're having a fun, good time. and i know that u are smiling back at me. and that makes me happy. and when u use an exclamation point, it helps me to know that u are excited to be talking to me. and all this affirms to me that we are close friends.

i think this is why i'm closest to ppl who also use emoticons and exclamation points. a) it makes me feel loved. and b) it makes the relationship so much easier to grow.

hahaha, what a silly revelation. =D


ps. on a side note, i particularly love when people use this smiley face: -___-

but i never use it bc it's way too much work. hahaha! but everytime i see one of those, i smile a little bigger than usual. =D

EDIT: omgosh, i just found out that the -__- is NOT a happy face, but is actually like a deadpan face. this is not cool in my book!!! i was totally wrong all these years!! it is no longer a particular fave now! hmmph!!

5 comments: