Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Making memories


Part of the reason I started this blog was so that I could keep track of the memories and stories of our newlywed days.  Time flies by so quickly, and soon enough, this first year of marriage will be a distant memory.  But I want to create a time capsule of our marriage so that we can look back on these days when we're older and weathered, and smile back at these first memories.

Last week, Sy and I went to go buy our very first Christmas tree together. I had never had a fresh tree growing up. So Sy and I agreed that for our first tree as a married couple, we would do it right and get a real tree with that good old pine smell.  =)

Here is Sy bringing home our tree!









As I walked beside him, I couldn't stop smiling looking at him carrying that tree on his shoulder. He looked so strong, so manly. In that moment, I felt safe knowing that he was my husband and he was going to be the one to take care of me for the rest of our lives. And this man would be the one who would swoop up our future children into those arms and carry them on his shoulders.

We laughed as we walked back to our car. Sy said that something about carrying that tree made him feel super "married," and how this was such a married thing to do... buy a Christmas tree off the street and carry it home on your shoulders.  We only wished that it could be snowing to make it just perfectly quaint.

I hope we will always remember this first Christmas. It was such a sweet and funny night.

No comments:

Post a Comment