Thursday, January 29, 2009

How I got lost in Lost

okay, i admit it.

my name is mia, and i'm addicted to Lost.

u know, i can't believe it. i was so strongly against watching Lost for multiple reasons.

1. it's just too stressful!! why should i come home from a long day of work, to watch a show that makes me so stressed out that after an hour, my stomach is in knots? no way, uh uh, i was happy to stick to my non-stressful shows like the Hills, or scrubs, or Friends. but Lost, no way. too stressful!

2. i can't watch scary stuff. my imagination is too active, and things haunt me for a long time afterwards. when i was a kid, i watched arachnophobia, and to this day, i fear taking showers in case a spider comes and kills me while i'm shampooing. but no, this is not a childhood phase, a few years ago, when i watched The Passion of Christ, Satan freaked me out so bad that my best friend had to sleep over my dorm for a week! hence, i cannot watch scary stuff.

3. i felt like i was too late in joining the bandwagon for a long time, so i just gave up. it would be too hard to catch up.

but man, oh man. things have changed.

one night, while i was hanging out at walter's apt, i was working on some stuff for work on the laptop while walter was watching Lost season 2. at one point, i just kinda poked my head up to see what was going on, and immediately i got hooked. i couldn't take my eyes off the screen! what were those creepy whispery voices? who are these "others" that they keep talking about? and bam! sharon died, and i was like, what the heck happened???

from that night on, i got hooked. when walter got sick last weekend, we watched Lost all day and now we finished season 2.

i gotta tell ya... HENRY GALE IS THE CREEPIEST GUY I'VE EVER SEEN!!! i've lost sleep b/c of this guy! he creeped me out so bad that at night, i had to read books and magazines to distract my brain from hearing his voice and seeing his face every time i closed my eyes. i had nightmares that were related to Lost for a couple of days! and for the last few episodes, i just closed my eyes every time henry gale came on the screen to prevent any more nights of sleep deprivation.

man... this show is so creepy and so stressful, but i am finding that it is worth it. hahahaha. =D everything that i believed in, i have thrown out the window. look at me, i'm a mess. i'm like those druggies who need more drugs in order to feel normal again. hahaha. but i will press on. hooray for season 3!!

seriously... henry gale is such a good actor. i was never sure if he was an "other" or not. man, look at how nice and normal he looks when he's not trying to creep me out. and look at the creepy smile that creeped me out for 2 days!!



Henry Gale - you scared the crap out of me, but i applaud you for your serious brilliance.

On to season 3!!!


8 comments:

  1. yea Lost! so fun!

    i have to say though, season 4 hasn't been as good so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's almost as creepy as walter..

    btw, i think you have the best profile pic ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I stopped at season 2 too hehe
    I was IN LOVE with LOST too hehe
    Of course, I had to watch it with my friend. Couldn't watch it alone either...

    The pictures you posted are hilarious Mia haha
    To be honest though, both look creepy to me hehe

    My favorite character was Matthew Fox.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!! xoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEAR MIA,

    Happy birthday. :)

    Love, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday mia! i wish i made it to your birthday thing. i hope you had a good time with friends+ the bf :) he is pretty awesome, btw. very thoughtful and caring :) happy birthday again!!!!

    ReplyDelete