Thursday, January 24, 2019

Milk Strike - Week 47 Observations

It's been another tough week of Emily's milk intake. She's still not drinking much milk, and it genuinely concerns me.  I don't want her to be a small baby, but genetically, I know she's likely to be small since I'm small myself.  But it stinks that she won't even drink her milk to help the situation!  I am dreading our 1 year doctors appointment because I'm scared the pediatrician will tell us that Emily is very underweight or under-height.  But on the other hand, I also can't wait for the doctor to tell us it's okay to start Emily on regular adult food and stop drinking so much milk.  The constant figuring out how to get more milk in her is exhausting!

This isn't a new development, but it's something I've noticed for a little while.  Emily doesn't have a desire to walk anymore.  We had a lot of fun using that big amazon box in the beginning.  But for a while now, she hasn't had any desire to walk.  She cruises just fine.  She even goes from one big piece of furniture to the next all via cruising.  But as soon as we try to hold her arms up to help her walk, nada.  If we put her in front of the amazon box, she'll sit down.  It's so strange how this happened.  I had been so sure she would be an early walker.  But I guess she's going to be a delayed walker after all.  I guess it makes sense - she's been delayed with everything else.  Why not this?

Also, another thing I forgot to record was the fact that Emily's 4th tooth finally came in!  I think it happened during her cold.  So it was a double whammy of being sick and also teething.  Emily's teeth have been so delayed (in my opinion).  She now finally has her top 2 teeth growing in, and is now finally starting to be able to bite down on things.  It really caused us to have to delay the kinds of food we gave her since she was unable to chew for so long.  I'm excited to finally be able to make her some more normal foods!

Some random developments: Whenever I go get Emily after she wakes up, she always grabs her duck stuffed animal and holds it up to me.  It's as if to say, "look umma!  it's duck!"  It's so cute how she immediately grabs it to show me.  She also grabs her lovey to show me that as well.  It's really sweet. 

We genuinely think Emily knows the word appa.  It's her favorite word to say all day long. But I think she still knows that it means her dad because she says it when she hears him come home and open the door.  I hope she does know this word bc it's really cute to hear her call him.  But in general, we just think she understands us more now.  When Sy says, Emily, I'm going to watch baby shark on my phone, she drops what she's doing and goes to him so she can watch it together.  When we mention the word kkakka, she definitely starts looking for her snacks.

Even certain routines, I feel like she's starting to remember more.  At night, before I put her to bed, she now knows to always wave goodbye to Sy as we walk down the hallway to her bedroom.  For a small window of time, I felt like she started to lie down once I gave her her favorite pen for diaper change.  It's like she knew that the pen meant diaper change time. 

Although, there are some routines/tasks she is not enjoying anymore.  1. She doesn't like it when I brush her teeth anymore.  She purses her lips and won't open her mouth.  How on earth did she figure that out!?  2. She won't drink water anymore.  Back around the 6 months period, she happily drank from her sippy cup.  Then she one day just stopped.  I recently bought her a new sippy cup, the kind with a small hole for her to drink water out of.  She happily drank from that for a few weeks.  And now she's stopped again.  I'm so worried that she's dehydrated bc she keeps getting cracked lips that bleed.  I feel like with her decreased milk intake, plus no water intake, she's gotta be dehydrated!  Oy, this girl.  It's always something with her!

Let's hope for some improved eating soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment