Friday, May 11, 2018

10 Things I used to do when I wasn't a mom of a newborn

As I was brushing my teeth the other day, I realized that there are so many things I don't do anymore now that I'm a mother of a newborn.

Before Emily was born, I used to...

1. Wear makeup everyday.  I don't care anymore what I look like.  I need the ability to rub my eyes without fear of smearing my eye make up bc I'm tired!  I rub my eyes a lot!

2. Shower everyday.  It's a good week if I've been able to shower every other day.

3.  Wash my face.  I'm ashamed to say this, but I rarely wash my face with facial cleanser now.  I only wash it when I shower, and as you saw above, I don't get to shower much anymore.

4. Wear regular pants.  Hahaha!  It's been sweatpants everyday all day.

5.  Brush my teeth twice a day.  This one has actually evolved!  I went from not brushing my teeth (because we were up so many times in the middle of the night and eating), to brushing once a day, and then finally twice a day.  I had to really put my foot down about this bc I was getting worried that all my teeth would rot.  So no matter how tired I am now, I must brush my teeth.

6.  Read books.  I really miss reading.  But to be honest, with so little time in my day, it's probably more important that I keep up with current events so I'm not completely cut off from the world.  But man, I miss reading a good book.

7.  Go to the city.  I realized the last time I was in the city was my last day of work.  That was back in Feb!  I haven't set foot outside of queens once yet.  It's kind of depressing!

8.  Eat at a normal pace.  During the day, I eat as quickly as I can because I have no idea when Emily is going to wake up and if she's going to interrupt me.  At night, you'd think I could eat at a normal pace bc Sy is home.  But no - we have to eat quickly bc the slower I eat, the less time I have to relax before I sleep.  I miss leisurely eating so much.

9.  Sleep at midnight or beyond.  For weeks now, Sy and I started sleeping at 10pm because Emily will wake up around 5am.  It's the only way we can get about 6 hours of sleep.  We can't even watch SNL like we used to bc it's way past our bedtime.  I feel like we're an 80 year old couple.

10.  Wear gym clothes for the gym.  I now wear gym clothes as my regular clothes bc they're stretchy and comfy.  I feel kind of dumb that I'm not working out in them, but hey - what else am I supposed to do?  Buy more clothes??  No way - I gotz diapers to buy.

Life with a newborn really changes you.  But is it worth it?  Come on... have you seen my baby?  She's the cutest!  Of course she's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment