Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sweet Relief! - Week 12 Obvservations

Emily has had a great week!  I don't know if it's truly the magic of the sleep suit, but we had a great week!  Emily took good, long naps and didn't need me to go and get her constantly.  I was able to do lots of things during my free time and feel somewhat normal again!

To make things even better - on Friday and Sat night - Emily slept 12 hours straight and woke up at 8am!  It was crazy to see that she can sleep 12 hours.  It was almost as if she turned 3 months old (on Friday) and immediately decided she wanted to be a big girl who could sleep long.  We were so impressed with her!

Emily has also started to slowly grab things.  She's begun hooking her favorite rattle with her index finger, and also lets it get caught in her wrist as a form of holding it.  I find her little developments so cute!

It's made us truly think that Emily is a fantastic baby.  She's been sleeping through the night since week 7, and we are so much more rested now.  Sy and I worry that if we have a 2nd baby, he/she will be the complete opposite of Emily and will be a horrible sleeper.  It's made me feel so much more thankful for Emily.  There are a hundred different things that could make Emily a hard baby - she could have cholic, acid reflux, allergies, bottle aversions, anything!  But she has none of these.  I'm so thankful that she's such a good baby.  When I think back on my pregnancy, and all the scares we encountered with her potentially having some kind of genetic disorder - I was so nervous for her birth because we would then know for sure if she had some kind of problem.  But so far - she is a perfectly healthy baby with a sweet disposition and has amazing sleep abilities.  I couldn't have asked for a better baby!  We love you so much, Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment