Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lottery dreams crushed - Week 22 Observations

I forgot to take notes this week on any new developments that I had noticed.  I guess it was just a regular week for us - doing our usual routine every day. 

I will say though, Emily has become super shrill these days.  It's like she all of a sudden discovered she has a range of vocal sounds she can make, and now she just loves to use the highest decibel she possibly can.  She uses it when she's tired or cranky.  But man, it's really shrill, loud, and long.  I wonder if this will mean she will have the ability to sing well!  Hopefully, she'll be a soprano like her mama.  Haha.

This weekend was the first not-so-crazy weekend for Emily.  We didn't have any plans to drag her out to.  So I bet she really enjoyed that.  We just ran small errands like going to the supermarket or going to the UPS store, etc.  I will say - everywhere we go - people love to come up to Emily and say hi to her and tell us how cute she is.  I'm so biased and I truly believe that it's because she just is the cutest that this happens.  But I have to tell myself that humans just love babies.  Isn't that so fascinating though?  Mankind just loves babies - it must truly be the reason why we keep having babies despite how difficult it is.  They're so cute and irresistible that you would go up to strangers just to gaze at a little one.  Personally, I think Emily is especially cute, but regardless, she gets a lot of attention.  I hope she secretly enjoys it - even as a baby.  Haha.

On Sunday, we went to the Taylor Swift concert and Sy's sister watched Emily for us.  His sister told us that Emily was a perfect angel.  She didn't cry at all when she put her down for bed, and didn't cry as she fell asleep.  She just went to sleep!  It made me so proud to know that her sleep training has gone so well and that she sleeps so well by herself.  It also made us laugh/sad that she still cries hard when Sy tries to put her down.  She hates him at bedtime!  She won't cry with her aunt, but she'll cry with her dad.  How very sad!  I really do wonder if she is just traumatized by his nightly putdowns previously and still associates him with her excessive crying.  If yes, how long is it going to take for her to forget it??

Sy and I checked out our first daycare this week.  While there was nothing wrong with it, I just hated the idea of sending Emily to daycare.  The ratio is 4:1, and it breaks my heart to think that Emily will just be ignored during parts of the day.  If 2 or 3 babies are crying or needing attention, Emily will just be put on the floor and expected to just do her own thing with no one to play with her.  This kills me.  I don't want Emily to be left alone.  I think that if she were older and could walk around and play with toys on her own, I wouldn't be so sad.  But the fact that she's so young and still so dependent on people, that turns me off to daycare.  We also interviewed our first nanny this weekend, and again - I got really sad.  She's not going to love and care for Emily the way I do.  It's so hard to find someone who can replace you.  Figuring out childcare is one of the most stressful things to have to decide - especially bc it is the saddest thing you have to decide.  I prayed super hard this week to try to win the lottery so that Sy and I could both stay home and watch Emily grow up.  But alas, I did not win.  And I'm back to trying to find solutions for Emily.  I know everything will work out, but man ... I will really miss her so much.

I hope we find a good option for her, and I hope that God will give me the peace to know that she will be in good hands and will still love her mom even if she only sees me an hour a day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment