Tuesday, September 4, 2018

XOXO - Week 28 Observations

I've completed 2 weeks of work now.  Week 2 wasn't so bad.  I didn't cry all week, and I felt easier about leaving Emily each morning. I'm hoping that the consistency that Emily sees me first thing in the morning and at night is a big enough reason to remember that I'm her mom - despite not spending all day with her. 

It's hard to write these developmental entries now bc I don't see her as much anymore.  Sy's mom told us that Emily can now "kiss" us!  If you say, "Emily bbo!", Emily will bring her forehead to your face as her way of kissing us.  Haha!  It's pretty cute bc even though it's not a real kiss, it's still amazing that she now has the ability to do something on command.  Sy's mom also claims that Emily can "go to you" if you say "come to me" and outstretch your hands.  I've yet to actually see this happen.  When I hold Emily and Sy's mom tries to say come to me - apparently she doesn't go to her.  Haha.  But I don't really think Emily knows how to outstretch her arms yet in reaction to wanting to be held. 

When we pick up Emily at night, Sy and I do our best moves to make her smile.  We throw her in the air, we make our biggest smiles and gestures for her, and she always smiles and laughs.  Sy's mom says that she doesn't ever laugh like that for her all day.  She thinks that Emily is happiest when she's with her parents.  I don't know if that's true, but it makes me secretly VERY happy.  =D  I want so much for Emily to love me and Sy the most.  It's my worst fear that Emily will love her grandparents more simply bc they see them more. 

Interestingly, we went to NJ to celebrate my dad's birthday this weekend.  Emily missed a nap and was very cranky at my parents' apt.  Emily would cry when my mom held her.  Sy and I just assumed it was bc she was so tired.  But my parents speculated that it's bc she has stranger anxiety with them bc they don't see her as much.  Part of me wonders if Emily really is stranger danger with them, or was it just a perfect storm of crankiness?  If it IS stranger anxiety, it makes me sad that my parents don't get to experience how cute and awesome Emily is.  As much as I get annoyed by my parents, I still love them and want them to have only positive experiences- especially with Emily. 

A cute story from last night - Emily has recently figured out how to turn on her mobile while in her crib by herself.  Last night, after I put Emily to sleep for the night, I checked the monitor to see if she had fallen asleep.  I found her lying in her bed, hands clasped on her belly, and staring straight forward.  I was confused bc I thought she would've been fast asleep.  And normally, if she's still awake, then I see her rubbing her eyes, or sucking her finger, or putting her arm over her eyes.  But she was just lying there looking straight up.  And then I realized she must have turned on her mobile and was happily watching "her movie."  Hahaha!  Sy and I had such a laugh over this and we opened her door to turn it off for her so she could go to sleep.  What a cutie.  She kills me with her cute, little actions.

Labor Day is now gone and it made me a little sad to think that the summer is over.  In many ways, this was the most boring summer I've ever had.  If we had no baby, Sy and I probably would've gone on weekend trips, strolled thru the city, eaten outside, gone to the beach, taken long drives, etc.  We didn't do most of those things simply bc a baby makes it hard to achieve them.  In some ways, I feel like I missed out on summer.  But of course I loved spending time with Emily.  I can't wait for Emily to get bigger so we can enjoy life a little more and be less chained to her nap schedule.  I hope next summer will be more fun and full of activities and memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment