Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Little Pick-Me-Up - Week 31 Observations

This week has been another fun week of new developments!  It's so amazing to see her learn new things - and it reminds me of how glad I am to be writing this stuff down so I can remember it forever.

Emily's cutest development this week: She now lifts her arms up when she wants us to pick her up!  I am absolutely loving this!  To me, this feels like real communication now!  Yes, when she cries, I know she wants something - but you still have to figure it out.  Now, this arm lifting is so clear!  When she's had enough of sitting and playing her toys, she'll just lift up her arms and I can just imagine her little voice saying Please hold me!  It's just the cutest thing ever!  Every time she does it, I want so badly to lift her up every time, but sometimes I feel that maybe I shouldn't spoil her.  It's a hard balance - but for now, I want her to learn that she can rely on me to take care of her when she asks me for something.  So I'll do it gladly!

2nd cutest development: Emily scoots her butt to get moving!  I thought it was pretty cool back when Emily could sit on her own and just play.  But now, if she wants to go somewhere, she'll lean her hands on the floor and push her butt backwards until she gets where she wants to.  It's pretty amazing to see how resourceful she is!  It's also pretty shocking how far she can get with this butt scoot!  Haha!  She can definitely get like 3 feet of distance!  Seeing this makes me smile so much, but also fills me with some dread thinking about how she's going to be crawling soon.  Yes, I think crawling babies are super adorable - but the practical side of me thinks of the insane amount of cleaning I will have to do to make sure the floors are clean enough for her to be dragging her whole body around on it.  Maybe I'll attach a swiffer sheet to her belly so she can just clean as she goes.  Haha!  I still do think that Emily is going to be slow to crawling bc she just hates being on her belly.  But this butt scoot does make me wonder if she wants mobility more than she hates her belly.  I guess we'll see in the next few weeks what happens!

Emily has sprouted teeth!  Her first tooth came out last Friday.  It's hard to see, but you can feel a little "point" when you run your finger over her gums.  I can't believe my little baby is turning into a toddler.  How is time going by so fast?  I think that explains the fever from the weekend.  I'm glad her teething experience wasn't as bad as it could've been.  But crazy that new teeth can do this to you.

For a while, I was worried that Emily wasn't "talking" that much.  She whined a lot - grunted a lot - but didn't really talk much.  When she was a little past her newborn time, she "talked" a lot to me; but then it died down as she began to just whine.  But I think this week, I noticed her starting to "talk" again!  Maybe she was just in a phase of developing other new things about herself.  But I'm glad she's coming back around on this!  I hope Emily is a chatty girl bc I want to hear all her thoughts!  (Are these famous last words?)

I can't believe Emily is almost 8 months old.  Time flies so fast.  When I look at friends who are having babies now, I feel like we're so past that newborn phase of life.  And then when I think about potentially having another baby, I feel so daunted to go through all of that craziness again.  Emily is so fun and so much more manageable right now.  I can't wait for her to get more and more fun and more independent!  How on earth will we ever have a 2nd child??  I guess it's just up to God if He wants another child in the Sung family.  Until then, I'm savoring every minute I have with this adorable girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment