Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Swiffering the house via belly - Week 39 Observations

Last week was a fun week for the family.  Emily developed so much, and it was super nice having Sy home for most of it bc of Thanksgiving weekend.

The biggest update is that Emily is crawling so fast now!  She's still doing her injured soldier crawl, but it's like she's learned to live with her handicap and is now super fast in her funny way.  In the past, Emily didn't venture past the play mat, but last week, she started going places!  She now crawls all over the house.  If she can't see me, then she will come and find!  One time, she found me just by following the sound of my voice!  She crawls down the hall, she crawls into rooms, she crawls everywhere.  It's super adorable to see and I'm really loving this fun phase!

Emily has learned a new trick!  When we give her snacks, which we call kka kka, I like to put one in my hand.  I show her both my hands, and then I close them into fists and turn my hands over.  I ask her, which hand is the kka kka in?  and she grabs the hand with the cheerio/puff inside!  I'm so proud of her for this!  I know she's not some genius baby, but at least she's not an idiot!  Hahaha!  It's so fun teaching tricks to babies.  Emily is definitely not one for tricks, but at least she's gained this one.  I think she has FINALLY mastered high-five.  But even that, she only does it with people she likes.  SMH.

Emily has gotten so much stronger with her standing up.  We saw her pull herself up into a standing position using our ottoman twice!  This also means that I can no longer leave her in a laundry basket when I need to pee bc she will pull herself up and then topple over bc the laundry basket is too lightweight. 

I forgot to mention last week that Emily LOVES Alexa.  She now knows that the magical robot Alexa sits on my nightstand and when we call her name, she lights up and talks to us.  It's so funny to see her enthralled by Alexa.  Whenever I sit her on our bed, she immediately crawls toward Alexa and tries to talk to her.  So then when I say Alexa!, she looks at me and smiles bc she knows something fun is about to happen.  It's so cute how she tries to talk to Alexa herself.  It's her favorite robot!

In a sad development, Emily no longer drinks milk well.  I don't know if it's in conjunction with the fact that she was sick, but she just won't drink her milk anymore.  She used to drink 4oz easily per feeding.  Now, I can barely get her to finish 2 oz.  It's been a real struggle to get her to drink milk, so I end up mixing it in with oatmeal as much as I can so she still gets the nutrients she needs.  She eats a TON of solids.  So I've been wondering if this new change has to do with her sickness or if she just loves solids that much.  Either way, I have not been happy with this change in her diet.

Related to things I don't like, Emily was a screaming monster last week.  I think it was related to being sick, but she kept on screaming at the top of her lungs every time she was frustrated - which was a LOT.  I've resorted to wearing noise-cancelling headphones when I'm around her so I can protect my ears.  I legit can feel a ringing in my ears after she screams.  It's been AWFUL. 

Last week was Thanksgiving and it was nice that we got to see a lot of family and friends.  We had Thanksgiving dinner at Sy's cousin's house in NJ on Thurs night.  Emily is so loved.  And even though she had her usual stranger danger when people tried to take her, she did relatively okay and warmed up to people after a few hours.  We did Thankskgiving again on Friday with my family at our house.  Man, it's so nice when you can host your own events so that Emily can sleep whenever she is ready.  We went to a bar on Sat to meet up with friends, and again, Emily did great!  She skipped a nap, but was still in good spirits and only screamed twice at the end.  On Sunday, my cousin from Korea was visiting and wanted to do dinner in the city.  We've never taken Emily to the city so late in the day, and we were apprehensive about how it would go.  But it was okay!  Emily was antsy as usual since she couldn't roam around and play, but she survived being out so late and handled it like a champ!  This gave me and Sy a lot of hope that maybe we can start enjoying the city again if we drive out on Sunday nights!

It was a busy week of developments and fun!  I was sad to see the weekend come to an end bc it would be back to me and Emily alone all day.  But at least we got to enjoy ourselves and our time as a family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment