Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Stand up and stand tall - Week 40 observations

Last week was another interesting week of developments!  I thought last week was a whirlwind of developments with all of her new crawling, but it turns out it doesn't stop.

Her big thing last week was learning how to stand up!  She now knows how to pull herself up into a standing position.  We were hanging out in her room, and she was in her crib, and she somehow figured out how to go from being on her belly to grabbing the top of the crib, then pulling herself up so that her legs were standing.  I was shocked at how easy it was for her.  And just like that, she just grew up!  Sy and I had to lower the crib that night so that we could make sure she doesn't pull herself up in the middle of the night and then fall out of the crib.  We both got very sad to lower her crib and made us reminisce when she used to be small enough to lie vertically in her crib.  And now here we are - lowering her crib bc she's too tall for the highest setting. 

On top of that, Emily is just a standing up machine.  She constantly pulls herself up onto anything - the ottoman, the sofa backs/arm rests, boxes, me, Sy, everything!  It's pretty amazing to see her muscles get stronger.  I'm so proud of her.  It makes me wonder if she truly will skip this crawling phase and just go straight to walking.  Emily doesn't seem to be evolving into a normal hands/knees crawl.  So I wonder if she just has no interest in it. 

In other news - we can confirm that Emily is not allergic to peanut butter or eggs!  Yay!  Man, I was so nervous this weekend to test her on them, but she did fine!  No allergic reactions - just enjoyed all the flavors.  Hooray and whew!

Emily is finally done with her cold.  She has a slight runny nose all the way until Wed of last week.  But once she finished, I noticed that she stopped screaming at the top of her lungs.  I guess it really was due to her sickness.  Thank God it's over though.  That was a really annoying time.  Emily's milk intake is still on the lower side, but she's SLOWLY starting to drink more milk per feeding.  She leaves a little bit less each time.  I hope that she finally goes back to normal soon.  I want her to grow up healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment