Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 2 - lesson to dream

today - i went to my first guitar lesson!  i had tried to teach myself guitar for months, but it was pretty unsuccessful.  so one day, in the summer, i found a Living Social deal for 4 guitar lessons for cheap!  and per my former roommate's advice - YOLO! - i bought it! 

i was slightly nervous all day to go bc i was nervous that even with lessons, i wouldn't be able to catch on and i'd never learn to play.  but after my first lesson, i'm excited to see where this will lead me!  it's gonna be slow growing, but i don't care!  i feel excited that i am at the beginning steps of a new skillset, a new experience, a new secret project, a new facet of myself.  juxtaposed to having been in the same job for almost 3 years now, doing the same thing day in and day out, it feels so good to not know how to do something - to be challenged to use my brain in a way that's new and untraveled. 

i hope that in 1 month, i will be able to play a song, be my own intrumentalist, and finally be one step closer to reaching taylor swift status.  jk!  hahaha... or am i?  =D

so thankful for Living Social for helping me achieve one more dream on my bucket list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment