Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 5 - Glimmers

i have not been able to say this at all yet - but i'm excited to say it - today, i have LOTS to be thankful for!  what a great day it has been!

1.  remember that unfortunate work incident from yesterday?  well, God heard my prayers!  my boss had a change of heart and did not end up going through with the awful plan she had originally told me!  as soon as she told me, i felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  all night i had been bogged down by how unfair my work continues to be, and i cried to God in hope that He would help spare me here.  and YES!  He came through!  i'm so unbelievably thankful that she had a change of heart.  otherwise, it would've meant another several months of late night working and stress on top of stress!  whoo hoo!!

2.  sy treated me to a fancy lunch on the company dime and we had a GREAT time!  we ate lunch at momofuku ma peche, and everything was so delicious!  it was wonderful to a) eat outside the office, b) take a long lunch for once, c) eat amazing food, and d) spend time with my love during the work day.  that hasn't happened in SO long.  people always think that we must see each other everyday bc we work across the street from each other.  but nope!  hasn't happened since maybe last fall.  so today was a great lunch!  if you're reading this sy, THANK YOU!

3.  my dear friend anna surprised me today with a surprise gift she had for me.  and it was none other than the newest Taylor Swift album with the bonus songs and polaroid pictures!!  when she had told me that she had something to give me, my first thought was, "oh please oh please oh please, let it be the new taylor swift album!"  but i assumed it wasn't that since she already had her own copy.  why would she get 2?  and yet, it was exactly that!  in many ways, it felt almost like God had heard my silly wishes to get my hands on this album.  and in some ways, it almost feels like God knew that my heart has been so sad for weeks now, that this would be the way to cheer me up!  with a little gift!  and what a perfect gift it was!  i truly believe that God had urged anna to buy this for me, bc He knew i'd need it around now.  she pre-ordered this months ago, and yet it arrived now - as i have been struggling to find joy in my life.  for weeks now, i keep thinking about the bible verse, “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”  i've been bitter at God for a while bc i feel like i have received nothing but snakes and stones.  but today felt like my first gift in a while.  and it felt so good.

4.  the job that i have been interviewing for since aug, turns out that i am still in the running!  THERE IS STILL HOPE!  i had long given up hope for this job.  i had felt defeated for a while now.  but surprisingly, i found out today that there is still a glimmer of hope.  and even though this glimmer is so faint, it's still there.  a life without hope is unbearable.  but a life with hope, even if it is just a tiny bit, has a chance.  

in so many ways, today has been a fantastic day.  sure, there were hard parts to it, but overall, i had 4 things to be thankful for.  and in my book, that counts as one heck of a good day.  i can only hope tomorrow is as good as today was.  but if not, there will at least be one thing.  you can count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment