Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 3 - Let's hear it for...

today was a hard day.  it's one of those days where i can't think of a thankful thing right off the bat.  it's one of those days where you really have to dig to see the beauty of the day.  and archeology was never my subject.

amidst a monotonous and busy day, juxtaposed with an emotional and pensive night - i would have to say the best part of my day was when i watched an episode of The Voice as i did my work.  it was an hour and a half of my day in which i felt less like i was sitting my cubicle and more like i was in the comfort of my own home.

and do you know what i'm thankful for today?  talent.  there is something truly beautiful and awe-inducing about seeing people with talent.  after each performance, my mind buzzed with commentary i wanted to give like the esteemed judges.  but more than that, my heart soared with every high note that was on point, with every flawless run, with each song that pierced me to my soul.  seeing them sing reminded me of God's gifts and His own gift in me.  there's no other word for talent other than a gift.  we didn't earn it nor deserve it.  we just received it.  talent is amazing.  i'm thankful to have witnessed it and to have been temporarily transcended out of my office and into beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment