Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 8 - Wanting

Today, at church, I sat and prayed for a long time.  I prayed about potentially getting this new job and that maybe this week could be the week that my life changes.  And as I thought about all the other things in my life that I wish I could change, I broke down in tears feeling down and discouraged.  Thoughts of what if I don't get this job rattled within ny head.  My jealous comparisons stung me left me and right.  And as I sat there crying, the worship team began singing a song I haven't heard in a long time and the lyrics haunted me.

"I love You, more than anything, more than anything Jesus."

And as I sat there, listening to the lovely melody of this lyric, I thought about how it's been a long time since I've felt this way.  Do I love jesus more than anything? Or do I love the idea of a new job more?  Or do I love the idea of winning the lottery more?  Or do I love the idea of being skinny more?  I thought about how right now, I love all those things more. And maybe if I loved jesus more, I wouldn't feel so unhappy bc if He is all I want, I can easily get Him.  And then wouldn't I be satisfied?  I realized that I am not content to have just jesus anymore.  I need everything else. 

It was such a wake up call of how much I have neglected my relationship with God.  My eyes have not been fixed on Him.  I have been fixed on things of this world. I'm not sure how I am going to go about this, but I know that perspective has to change.  Not just being grateful for what I have, but not valuing these worldly things as much.

So today, I am thankful for my worship team for playing the perfect song at the perfect moment to pierce my heart.  I really needed to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment