Monday, May 9, 2011

center of attention

today was another great day! (what a great weekend it has been!)

it was a day of worship, beautiful weather, celebrations of my mom and my sister, korean bbq, coldstone cakes, and funny conversations.

*ps guys - if u've never had a coldstone cake, go and get one now! u won't regret it!! i promise!

anyhoo, i had some trouble picking the highlight of today. there were a lot of golden moments that brought a smile to my face.

i think if i really had to pick one, i'm gonna pick a selfish one. there was a moment in our car ride home from the restaurant where i was telling my family a funny story from the wedding on friday. for a good 5 minutes, i had everyone in the car captivated by my story. they were literally hanging on my every word. and when i got to the dramatic climax of my story, they roared with laughter as i nailed the ending. hahaha. i like this moment bc it reminded me that inherently, i am a storyteller. i love to tell a good story. and i love to tell it with dramatic pauses and effects for maximum audience delight. i think this is why i love to read and write. i love to read good stories, and i like to write great ones myself.

sure, it was only 5 minutes. but for this introvert, it was just enough attention to make me feel special. =) *blush

No comments:

Post a Comment