Friday, May 6, 2011

sunshiny

i walked a LOT today. and honestly, i really shouldn't have walked this much today - considering i am still healing from this sprain, and also bc i need to wear heels tomorrow for a wedding.

but, u know, the highlight of today was when i took a long walk during my lunch. it was such a beautiful day. warm, cozy sunshine, blue skies to delight my eyes, and beautiful flowers everywhere.

sunshine makes me happy - like really happy. =D

and even though i had a lot on my mind, stuff that potentially brings me down, for those 40 minutes, i was oblivious. i just walked as slowly as i could, did not care that i was annoying all the speed-walking new yorkers around me, and just savored the beauty.

i really hate the cliche - "stop and smell the roses." but u know, i do something sort of like that. whenever i can, i stop and touch a flower. i touch it the way i would lovingly cup my husband's face, and smile at its beauty and grace. and i always say a little prayer of thanks to God for making something so small yet so beautiful. it takes my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment